1) Bora Bora, Tahiti. When money is no object, consider booking a trip to paradise. Known as the most romantic island in the world, Bora Bora boasts sugary white sand beaches, pristine blue water, and overwater bungalows. If you get bored of soaking up the sun and listening to the calm ocean waves, go scuba diving and see rays, sharks, turtles and dolphins at Teavanui Pass, where the walls are framed with purple coral. You can also go jet skiing, snorkeling, or on a canoe tour, but since you are at the most gorgeous beach in the world, you may prefer to just lay around and soak up all that beauty.
2) North Shore, Hawaii. On your next trip to O'ahu, Hawaii, do not stay in Honolulu! There is a fantastic nightlife and great shopping in Honolulu, but there are much prettier and quieter beaches on the island's North Shore about an hour's drive away. Go surfing, or watch the pros ride enormous waves. Snorkel at Shark's Cove, hike to a waterfall, or watch for Humpback whales and sea turtles. Grab a shave ice at Matsumotos, and pick any one of fifty plus fantastic beaches to hang out on located all along Kamehameha Highway. Where else does the highway occupy beachfront property than Hawaii's North Shore!
3) Quepos, Costa Rica. Exquisite black sand beaches surrounded by tropical jungles. On the Pacific side of Costa Rica, Quepos is a haven for adventuring vacationers. In Quepos, you can surf, go on dolphin watching tours, hike to a waterfall, or enjoy some of the town's delicious restaurants. Or take a guided tour through neighboring Manuel Antonio National Park, where you are sure to see sloths, huge butterflies and spiders, tons of gorgeous orchids and vibrantly colored tropical birds, and all kinds of monkeys. And there are small houses you can rent surrounded by private jungles and beaches for you to explore!
4) Playa del Carmen, Mexico. You can almost always get an incredible deal on beach vacations to Mexico, and with really short flights, it can be easy to take a quick beach getaway to Playa del Carmen. Go snorkeling, visit the cenotes (underwater caves), or just hang out on the gorgeous white sand beaches that are cleaned of trash and seaweed daily. And don't forget to visit Chichen-Itza, the capital city of the ancient Mayan civilization. You will feel like you are in an Indiana Jones movie as you climb the stone steps that lead to the spot where thousands were sacrificed to the Mayan Gods.
5) Sanibel Island, Florida. This is your perfect family oriented beach vacation destination! Sanibel is on the Gulf Coast side of Florida, just a half hour's drive from Fort Lauderdale. This cute little island has a ton of great little beach houses you can rent, and Sanibel has a unique slow pace and relaxed atmosphere. The main road around the island has only one traffic signal! Activities available include parasailing, fishing, and watching for manatees and dolphins. And the beaches are some of the best in the United States for shell hunting!